Re: Re: Broken bolts in exhaust manifold....

From: Hemipower@aol.com
Date: Sun Aug 19 2001 - 21:49:47 EDT

In a message dated 8/19/01 7:49:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kwreimer@email.msn.com writes:

> Wes, you need an easy out kit, you drill into the bolt some, and then use
> the easy out with a ratchet or wrench, upon doing this you must soak the
> broken bolt with penetrant oil, maybe even tap around bolt hole with small
> hammer to free the rusty bolt, but do gently. any parts place should have
> this easy out tool.

Wes,
this is well meaning advice but, I implore you not to take it. I have never
seen an
easy-out work on anything except non rusty metal. Take the advice of the
nut and MIG-welder, it works. Take it to a mechanic if you must as it
should not cost much as it does not take too long. Those easy-outs are
hardened and when you break one off in the bolt you will not be a happy
camper. Good luck