Pismo Report, Oh Man, What A Hoot!!!!!

From: Ed Halterman (OLZNUT@webtv.net)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 02:24:05 EDT

Wow, this was a blast!!!!! Catching air in a 5000lb truck (got pics to
prove it!!), racing others up dunes, getting stuck (only once, mind you,
as I didn't air down enough) breaking a few little things like fog light
bracket, my shell shifting back a hair, and that plastic shield that has
the access door for the oil filter, getting air and watching my large
tool box and cooler go flying inside the bed and break the latches on
the tool box and spill it's contents all over the bed, and ditto for the
cooler. Found the best psi was 12. 4HI worked best as well. 4LO just dug
me in, and lemme tell ya, when my M/T's started to dig, they dug sooo
fast, it wasn't funny!! I was pretty much unstopable at 12 psi.
   Sunday was a hoot, even though it lasted about 2 hours, Brian in his
new (as in got it on Fri) R/T Durango was doing donuts and popped a
bead. He also found some cool new toys to get that Gopher had. Speaking
of Gopher, he lost his front plate, Dave J did his usual get stuck
routine (lol), but with a twist, decided to get next to a fence to make
it interesting to try to unstick him. Lotta fun though!!
   I had a blast with the group, met some new faces, had fun with the
regulars, had a GREAT dinner at F. McLintocks in Shell Beach. Little $$,
but they give you TONS of food!! Got stuck in TONS of traffic coming
home, from north of Santa Barbara all the way into Ventura.
    There was 4 of us in a caravan, and we all had C-B's, and when
someone cut us off, oh man, we royally scared the s--t out of 1 kid who
thought he was slick, he was tailing us for miles, tries to come around
and gets greeted by one of our members' Durangos in the right lane. In
the meantime, I'm along side him, and the back Durango slides in behind.
Nowhere to go, nowhere to hide, lol!!! We let him go, he then exited the
freeway at the next exit, lol!! And the female in the black BMW, man,
talk about stubborn!! I couldn't even see the hood. She loved to get
right on my bumper in traffic, like I'm gonna move. I started to use my
parking brake to slow down, not lighting up the brake lights, which
caught her off guard a few times, then the next thing I hear is "CRASH",
someone rear ended HER, bahahahaha!!!!!! Serves her right.

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'01 Dak Quad Cab 4x4 SLT+ 4.7L V-8, Auto, Bright Silver Aka the "Silver
Streak"!!!
'66 Olds F-85, 5.4L V-8, HAS 410hp at the crank, Will be Intense Blue
next month!!

See the Silver Streak and Project Olds here!!
www.dodgetruckonline.com/ed.htm