RE: Tires

From: Sevrence, Sean (S.J.) (ssevrenc@visteon.com)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 10:06:22 EDT

One nice thing about the spare tire, it is not exposed to direct UV rays
from the sun. Hidden beneath the truck help tremendously for shelf life! My
'92 did not come with the same rim, so I only used it with a flat. Still is
great shape after 9 years. My '01 has the same rim on the spare so I will be
rotating it in.

My '92 came with Goodyear Invicta's and I replaced them with the same as I
got 75K out the originals. The replacements gave me 80K but then like a dumb
a$$ I went with the Belle Tire special. JOKE!! 26K and had to replace them.
The 4X4 guys don't care for Goodyear, but they are fine on the 4X2's. If I
remember right, they are around $90 each (that was a while ago, so I don't
know how accurate that number is)

Sean