Re: Now: Playa Hating Was: Is this someone from the DML??

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 14:30:19 EDT

<<<and the whole lifted 2wd thing? I don't understand why would you just not
go
4wd if you want to be lifted.>>>

Well, if you park a 4wd right next to a lifted 2wd, the first thing you will
notice is the HUGE difference in clearance in the two different front
suspensions. A lifted 2wd (Pre-runner) is awesome for use out in the sand.
If you air down those tires and use a locker or even a spool in the rear, a
Pre-runner can do everything a 4wd can do in the sand. Not only will a
Pre-runner have the look of a 4wd, it will get better gas mileage and have
less parts to actually wear out. Also, you can get alot more suspension
travel out of the front end of a Pre-runner than you can with a 4wd. With
the 4wd you have to worry about the front driveshaft angles, the cv axle
angles, etc... With the Pre-runner all you worry about is tire scrubbage.
In the thick gooey mud like I prefer for 4 wheeling, the Pre-runner isn't
that great. It can handle some of it, but to actually have fun it takes a
complete 4wd system (I expect comments from Bernd about that one! :oP ). A
Pre-runner has its spots and a 4wd has its spots also. Just a matter of what
you want to do with your truck and whatever your own personal taste may be.
But the most important thing to remember: It is your truck. Customize it
how ever you want it. After all, there are no rule books that say how you
are supposed to modify your truck to make it a sport truck. That is what is
so great about sport trucking! Anything goes!!

The other Will