Introduction & Brakes

From: Bill S. (silversterl1@home.com)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 17:01:17 EDT

Hi, new to the list but want to say thanks for all the information about the
Brake ie: rotor/drum issue with Dodge DAK. I thought I had made a big
mistake and had bought a lemon until I found you guys.

I recently bought a not too used (20K) 2000, Quad Cab 4x4 SLT Plus, and
noticed the intermittent hop of brakes. Went to Midas today and they said
that the pads and shoes were like new but that rotors were warped, so had
them turn both rotors and drums and now my stops are smooooth!

I also plan to NOT use the emergency brake after brakes are hot.

I must say that this truck is awesome! Great power, ride and looks, and I
can live with a "brake weakness". Maybe aftermarket change will need to be
made later.

If anyone is in Dallas, TX, area I'd like to get together with them or maybe
not too far away.

Thanks again.
Bill Sterling
2000 Quad Cab 4x4 SLT Plus