RE: Dodge tough-Ferd ain't

From: tmfu (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 23:34:49 EDT

> Wonder if they'll rent me a Neon-any you autoXer's wanna give me some
> tips on how to have fun for 20 days w/o my 4X4??? Hehe.........

Hehehehe.. If you get a Neon get a 5spd. The Auto's are slugs off the line.
The GenII Neon's are quite tame(handling wise) compared to the GenI. Any
trick that you can do to a Dak you can do to a Neon(both use speed density
setup's). On the newer Neon's pop off the top of the air canister for cold
air. WARNING: Mashing the go pedal will release the howl of the Neon at
3000RPM. To autox go 40psi in the front and 32-35 in the rear. If it has
traction control turn it off. Neon's for the most part handing wise are very
forgiving. If you're in a turn and the car starts getting squirrelly ease
off on the gas. Coming out of a turn don't mash the gas, you'll just spin
the inside tire. Again if you have an ATX and you're autox'ing keep it in
1st, and hit 2nd or 3rd on the straightaway's. The Neons perform best above
3000RPM, and redline is rev-limited at 6500 for ATX's and 6750 for MTX's. If
you really get crazy you can lift the inside rear tire in a turn(normal for
Neon's Autox'ing, and have the rear swaybar) and freak the person behind you
out. It's even easier if you have the ACR. Haven't messed with the TV cable
yet so I can't tell you about it...

Dak content: Saw a NYG Neon ACR being trailered by a QCab Dak in Rutherford,
NJ today at around 1-2pm, anybody here on the list??

Greg
2K1 Neon ES
Rahway, NJ
http://24.6.89.18/Neon