Re: Saw a new Ram

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2001 - 00:35:12 EDT

The new Ram 1500 1/2 ton trucks were what you saw. I went to a Farm bureau
meeting in Nashville not too long ago w/ a good friend of mine(Ron Daniels
of Ron's Rod Shop if anybody knows who he is) and we sat across the table
from the VP of marketing for Dodge trucks. Great guy, he was willing to talk
to us about what was happening w/ the new trucks. He told me the following:
The new 1/2 tons will be out this season(last week of August is what he said
then), the 3/4 tons will follow next season, and the 1 tons the year after.
He told us that when the new 3/4 tons come out, that there will be no
"standard" diesel engine. If you want a diesel truck, you will have your
choice of the Cummins ISB or a Mercedes/Freightliner engineered diesel(he
wouldn't give us an indication of the cyl arrangement or the
displacement,nor drivetrain updates/changes to be made w/ the new body style
or engines. He also said that if the new diesel wasn't ready that they would
wait and introduce it with the 1-tons). Also, news I was VERY happy to hear,
Dodge is actually going to compete in the 12,000 GVWR+ class with the plans
to introduce a "4500" series chassis. This is to compete with the Chevy/GMC
C3500HD chassis/ Ford F450/F550 chassis. This new series will either be
introduced w/ the 1-tons or the following model year. HTH,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html