RE: Dodge tough-Ferd ain't

From: Woodruff, Jason P (Jason.Woodruff@West.Boeing.com)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2001 - 17:02:00 EDT

Rent a dakota 4.7L. Much more fun to AutoX in than a neon. hehe.

Jay W
4.7L Auto Sport+ C.C. 2wd Black
Mods Profile page at
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Re5X8z5la@Ix2/profile.htm

>Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 23:34:49 -0400
>From: "tmfu" <tmfu@home.com>
>Subject: DML: RE: Dodge tough-Ferd ain't
>
>> Wonder if they'll rent me a Neon-any you autoXer's wanna give me some
>> tips on how to have fun for 20 days w/o my 4X4??? Hehe.........
>
>Hehehehe.. If you get a Neon get a 5spd. The Auto's are slugs off the line.
>The GenII Neon's are quite tame(handling wise) compared to the GenI. Any
>trick that you can do to a Dak you can do to a Neon(both use speed density
>setup's). On the newer Neon's pop off the top of the air canister for cold
>air. WARNING: Mashing the go pedal will release the howl of the Neon at
>3000RPM. To autox go 40psi in the front and 32-35 in the rear. If it has
>traction control turn it off. Neon's for the most part handing wise are
very
>forgiving. If you're in a turn and the car starts getting squirrelly ease
>off on the gas. Coming out of a turn don't mash the gas, you'll just spin
>the inside tire. Again if you have an ATX and you're autox'ing keep it in
>1st, and hit 2nd or 3rd on the straightaway's. The Neons perform best above
>3000RPM, and redline is rev-limited at 6500 for ATX's and 6750 for MTX's.
If
>you really get crazy you can lift the inside rear tire in a turn(normal for
>Neon's Autox'ing, and have the rear swaybar) and freak the person behind
you
>out. It's even easier if you have the ACR. Haven't messed with the TV cable
>yet so I can't tell you about it...

Dak content: Saw a NYG Neon ACR being trailered by a QCab Dak in Rutherford,
NJ today at around 1-2pm, anybody here on the list??

Greg
2K1 Neon ES
Rahway, NJ
http://24.6.89.18/Neon