Re: Re: NASCAR's cop-out

From: Ed Buxton (flamin_red_dakota@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2001 - 19:51:01 EDT

To me, the thing that really made the
report/investigation stink was the fact they they
emphasized it was a "one million dollar
investigation".
In other words, we spent a million bucks, we
discovered nothing, we are not going to anything to
further protect our drivers and the cost legitimized
everything.

While I feel the ultimately it is the driver's
decision to race and if he dies doing so, he knew and
accepted the risks. It's just the way NASCAR has
handled the whole thing. Discover the "busted" seat
belt two days later, the way the investigator kept
emphasizing it couldn't have been cut. Come on folks,
the guy died doing what he loved, driving very
aggressively as he always did and unfortunately, he
died.