No Pipe After Muffler?

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 01:19:02 EDT

Since I am now emissions exempt(long story, dont ask), I may try something.
Does anyone know how a turn down clamped onto/welded onto the outlet of a
Flowmaster 3 chamber would sound? Here is my current setup: After the
Flowmaster muffler, the pipe goes up over the axle, comes back down about 6"
and then dumps out.

I was just going to remove all the pipe after the Flowmaster, and see how it
sounds, but wasnt sure what to expect. Will this 'short' of exhaust system
have a positive or negative affect on the truck?
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6; 145,500 miles