Re: FUEL PUMP - HELP

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 21:54:58 EDT

I had similar happen when a shop changed my in-tank filter (many moons ago
when I would let someone else touch the dak) and they <claimed> that a wire
or some POS was hung on the float...
__________________
         Jon Smith
       Raleigh, NC
'95 CC 318 4x4 auto
   344rwhp/424tq

I just replaced my fuel pump on my 95 dakota 318 w/22
gallon tank. At the time when the old pump went bad I
had 1/2 tank. Once I fired her up with the new pump
it went up to 3/4 of a tank. I gased the truck up and
it took 10 gallons (should have been 1/2 tank instead
of 3/4). My gauge will not go down below 3/4 of a
tank. I am thinking the filler tube might be
restricting the sending unit. Or the sending unit is
bad. Anyone with any ideas?

 Thanks,