Re: Re: Re: Another Brake Job

From: Hemipower@aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 08:38:23 EDT

In a message dated 8/24/01 6:44:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
grndak4x4@home.com writes:

> > Kyle, if one side was wore significantly moreso than the other you should
> > change out the calipers (and hoses)... were the pistons difficult to push
> > back into the bores?
> >
> > If you can get me some cores, I can get you bendix reman calipers for $17
> > each...
>
> Nope, both sides were easy to retract the piston back in. The driver's side
> still has the stock caliper and the passenger's side is on like its 3rd
> caliper. The passenger side was the side which was significantly worn down
> more than the driver's side. I just figured it was this was since it was

No Kyle, the reason you see such a discrepancy on the passenger side is
due to the fact that that side gets drug through all the puddles that
accumulate
on that side. If in fact the piston retracted just as easy tells me that the
pins
and rails were a bit gummed up. Usually by the extra rust that and crap
that finds its way there. It sounds like you did a pretty through job.

I still have never seen that much of