Re: Re: Another Brake Job

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 06:46:44 EDT

> Kyle, if one side was wore significantly moreso than the other you should
> change out the calipers (and hoses)... were the pistons difficult to push
> back into the bores?
>
> If you can get me some cores, I can get you bendix reman calipers for $17
> each...

Nope, both sides were easy to retract the piston back in. The driver's side
still has the stock caliper and the passenger's side is on like its 3rd
caliper. The passenger side was the side which was significantly worn down
more than the driver's side. I just figured it was this was since it was
farthest away from the master cylinder. I still have never seen that much of
a difference though in wear. The driver's side still have a month or so left
on the pads. Oh well, anyways, now I wont have to do a brake job till
hopefully around 180,000 miles!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6