Re: Dealer Told Me......

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 09:19:58 EDT

At 09:11 PM 8/23/01 -0700, you wrote:
>That the wheel studs on our trucks are weak and I should replace them
>with something stronger if I continue to go wheeling. Is this true? Btw,
>I do trust this dealer, well, this service man anyways, lol!!

If, by weakness, you mean the stripping of the threads on the studs,
it's been my experience that the culprit is the stock wheel lug.

Because of changing tires at the track, I found that I was stripping
the threads on the studs at a pretty high rate. When I replaced
the stock lugs with McGards lugs, the stripping stopped.

I've also never a stud break on me.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG