Re: Reverse Slam Question on '99?

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 16:28:11 EDT

On an automatic? Dodge considers it normal. I think it's slack in the
drivetrain being taken up. Workaround (or whatever you want to call it): When
you park, put the truck in Neutral, apply parking brake, release regular brake,
let it rock, then put it into Park. When you go to drive it next time, the
clunk won't be there because the slack was taken up previously.

Yeah, it does kinda suck.