Re: Tire Sizes - Actual Sizes

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 18:25:06 EDT

> I know this has been discussed many times, but can someone direct me to
> where I can find the actual dimensions of different tire sizes? I know
> different brands have different dims, but I can get some idea. I need
some
> new skins, but I'm going to have to go with something other than a
> 31x10.5. They're just too wide for the stock wheels on my truck.

Aaron,
Check out the tire manufacturer's web sites. Most, if not all, list the
'true' specs of the tires. Also, a 31" tire with one company may differ with
that of another company, whether larger or smaller, they do differ. Here are
some links to help you out.
http://www.intercotire.com/
http://www.bridgestone-firestone.com/
http://www.dunloptire.com/