Re: Exhaust tips

From: Kevin \(MAGNUM S/T\) Hoegen (kevinhoegen@email.com)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 21:07:20 EDT

What size is the exhaust pipe ends.

I ask because the best approach if you "don't wish to change the tone" is to
simply weld standard straight pipe tips on the end (same shape and diameter
as current exhaust ends....in essence doing nothing more than putting a
finished look to the ends of your pipes.

Before I changed my tips, I had el-cheapo straight chrome tips on the
end....the I.D. was ~1/4" larger than my exhaust pipe ends....so they were
simply slipped onto the ends and tack welded. As long as you get a tip which
closely matches the diameter of your exhaust end now, and the end of the tip
is a simple circular flush cut.....the tone should not be altered much..if
any.

Hell....for the money you'll save getting the basic straight tip (as opposed
to dual, euro, cuda style etc .....you might be able to pick up a pair of
all stainless tips :-)

Kevin
http://webpages.charter.net/khoegen