Re: raise vs lower on a 4x2

From: Dan Rivera (tr88@home.com)
Date: Sun Aug 26 2001 - 08:06:23 EDT

""Eric Giblock"" <egiblock@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:9m9tli$3lo$1@bent.twistedbits.net...
> want your opnions on this one..
>
> i have a 99 black dakota 4x2 sport club cab.. i was origionally
thinking
> of lowering it, but now am thinking of jacking it up a couple of inches
and
> putting some fatty tires on it.
>
> about ho much does it cost to raise it a couple of inches vs lowering it
??

> any likes or dislikes ? let me know.
>

> thanks
>
> btw: im in ohio, and one reason i don't want to lower it is cuz of the
snow
> in the winter months (i wouldn't be able to drive it most of the time cuz
of
> the snow).....
>
> thanks again
>
> --
> eric giblock
> egiblock@hotmail.com
> www.gibsdakota.com

I have been lurkin on the list since I got my truck in 1999. I figure it was
about time I offer something in return.
I can share my research regarding lifting your truck.

For the V6, you can get a 2" lift from Fabtech for $215
(http://www.4x4cyberstore.com/website/fabtech13.html) and actually Desert
Rat advertises this kit for $199 in all the off-road magazines. This kit
includes new front 2" springs and 4 shocks. I haven't heard of anyone using
this setup, but simple, cheap, and it's made by Fabtech.

The really nice lift is also made by Fabtech, and it is a 3" suspension lift
that includes new upper A-arms, 3" springs, rear add-a-leafs, and 4 shocks.
The best price I have found is $730 from
(http://www.4x4cyberstore.com/website/fabtech13.html)

One other place I have found offering a lift is California Super Trucks.
They offer a 3"" lift that uses urethane spacers with your stock springs
(for factory ride) new upper A-arms, Rear Add-A-Leaf and Rancho 9000 shocks.
It is $895.
http://www.californiasupertrucks.com/html/dodge-dakota-2wd-lift.htm

The only other lift that I know of is a body lift. 2" or 3" offered. I do
not know the best prices, but I am sure someone on the list will know.

Someone else will have to help you out, as it's not my choice of mod.

Good luck to your project and hope the info helps.

--
Dan Rivera
1999 Dakota Sport RC