Re: Classic Mopar question

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Aug 26 2001 - 14:58:07 EDT

At 11:45 AM 8/26/01 -0500, you wrote:
>-- SNIP -- My question, there was a trim decal running across the top
>of the side of the front fender sides from the front of the car back to the
>rear and on the front fenders it has the numbers 383 made in to it. Does
>anyone know if 383s came in those. I really don't know what year model it
>was but probably 3 or 4 years into production, I guess 68 or 69 maybe.
>Jim in Waco 99 R/T RC FR

Yes, the 383 was available on them from '67 to '71 (I believe). When ordered
with either the 340 or 383, the side stripes came with the engine callout
on the fender. The 383 block for '67 to '69 was painted a blue green; for
the most part after that, it was a hemi-orange. HTH.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 Dakota Sport, 4x2, CC, Flame red, 5.2L, auto., 3.92SG