Instrument cluster

From: troy (mopar@superpa.net)
Date: Sun Aug 26 2001 - 21:19:38 EDT

I have an 87 Dakota Indy 500 pace truck that has a some-what stripped down
instrument cluster. Speedo, temp., oil pressure, alt., and a large gas gauge
that is located where the tach. would be if it had one. I would like to
install a cluster with the same features, but would also have a tach.
Would the switch include changing the wiring harness, or would it be just a
matter of plugging the new cluster into the existing harness? I know some
brand X trucks used the same harness no matter what gauges where used. Any
info. about this or info (production numbers) concerning the 87 indy 500
pace truck would be appreciated

Thanks
Troy Weishaar
Gettysburg, Pa