Re: Need advice from 4.7L Dak owners! Which is the best transmission to get?

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 00:14:05 EDT

I've always known manual transmissions to be stronger and last longer than
automatics, in their stock form anyway. True, some have had problems with
the NV-3500(me included-I'm still fighting mine), but many people use that
tranny with great success, so I think the ones that are having problems are
just flukes. In my opinion, the NV-3500 is the way to go. There are many
folks running the 45RFE tranny, but who knows what the future brings??
Nobody really knows how long these trannies will last. Look at Mark Kuzia,
Sam South, GS Willhite, Sam Parthemer, Matt Barrett, and many others who are
putting a lot of power to the ground through these trannies reliably! I
think if you get your hands on a good NV-3500, it will be great!

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html