360 swap checklist

From: Michael Clark (mike@mikesdakota.com)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 16:55:33 EDT

T-minus 3 days and counting.... Can you guys look over this list and
see if you notice anything I'm missing. I'm sure there will be things
I've missed, there always are.... also can someone tell me what kinds
of sealant I will need? I know I'll need teflon paste for the
waterpump bolts. What kind of sealant for the various gaskets? The
FSM shows I need some sealant on the corners of the head gaskets. It
says to use perfect sealant no.5 or it's equivalent. What's the
equivalent? Love potion no.9????

Here's what I've got.....

New parts:
---------

Short block assembly
Assembled R/T heads
Head bolts

5.9L Magnum gasket set

New intake gasket kit (better end gaskets & new intake bolts)

Water pump & gaskets
Thermostat & gasket

5.9L Mopar Performance PCM

Ford Motorsports 24 lb. Injectors

Mopar 2400 stall converter

360 flexplate & flexplate-to-crank bolts
        flexplate-to-converter bolts (reuse old ones??)

New lifters
New lifter alignment yokes

Mopar 1.6 roller rockers with new pushrods and guide plates

Mopar oil pump, pickup tube, and distributor drive gear

Accel supercoil

Distributor O-ring

Cam degree kit and offset cam keys (on order)

Motor mounts

Re-using from the 5.2L:
----------------------

Oil pan and dipstick
Lifter valley "thing" that holds the yokes down
Accessory bracket(s)
Distributor
Valve covers
Headers
Certain bolts (oil pump bolts, water pump bolts)

Tools:
------
Basic hand tools (sockets, wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, hammers…)
Basic air tools
Inch pound and foot pound torque wrenches.
Engine hoist, floor jacks, jack stands

And the very important FSM

All of this and a window of 4.5 days to complete the job.

--Mike
www.mikesdakota.com