RE: Instant oil change - WARNING

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 17:29:55 EDT

One more story, just to see how long this thread will get.
Several years ago after changing the oil in my wife's Honda Accord (just a
little off topic, :--), Jiffy lube failed to screw in the threaded oil
fill/dip stick cap. They just dropped it into the hole. After a week of
vacation driving including lots of dirt roads and dust, I decided to check
the oil level. The only thing preventing the cap from falling out was the
length of dipstick hanging down into the engine. Otherwise it had been loose
and bouncing in the hole for a week. They offered a free "flush". I.e.
drain and replace oil, replace filter, run engine, drain and replace oil and
filter again. After that, we decided that the quality of service wasn't
worth the savings and started going to an independent garage.

Neil