Instant oil change - WARNING

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 19:05:35 EDT

Just some food for thought if you take your vehicle to instant oil change
places. My boss took his 2000 Buick to a Valvoline last friday to have the
oil changed. He left Valvoline, stopped for gas, and then hit the highway.
A mile or so later he heard a noise, but didn't think much of it. 2 - 3
more miles down the highway he noticed the oil light. By the time he got
pulled over the engine was making a pretty rough noise. What happened you
say??? What was the noise he heard earlier??? The oil filter fell off!!!!
A local dealer estimates $4700 in damage. He recovered the filter (a
champion filter) on the side of the highway and has spoken with Valvoline.
I'll let you all know who ends up with the bill on this one.
  My advice, change your own oil if possible. If not, check the shops work
after they're done.
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6
www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95/