Re: Re: 360 swap checklist

From: Michael Clark (mike@mikesdakota.com)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 22:28:58 EDT

> Don't forget to loctite the studs in a day before.

Already loctited them in a few days ago and torqued them to 300
in./lbs. per the instruction sheet. BTW... 300 inch pounds is the same
as 25 foot pounds right??

>> Headers

> Don't forget that you will need two new bolts per side because the 318 uses
> studs.

My headers now have all ARP bolts so I guess I've got this one
covered.

> Did you get an oil pump priming shaft? Spin it with a drill until you see
> oil coming out of the rocker arms and bubbles stop, you may need a bucket
> and 2-3 quarts to do this.

Dang! I thought about the priming shaft right after sending this. I
may need to have one hot-footed from summit.... thanks for reminding
me.

--Mike
www.mikesdakota.com