transmission and whatnot

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 28 2001 - 01:59:05 EDT

Okay, with the addition of a s/c, I'm very afraid for my transmission. It's
seen 112k miles of abuse on my 97 dakota v6. I dont' mean neutral drop
abuse, but it's been run hard from time to time :)

Anyways. I'm thinking about a transmission, but it's about 600 bucks for a
used tranny at the junk yard, yet I look in summit and jegs and I can get a
full TCI street fighter tranny for 800 bucks. Will these units replace my
42re (500) i also saw other units for 1200 bucks. Please advise me on
this one someone.

Also. I looked throuhg KRC perform and their "viper 10" T/C can shave .5
to .7 seconds off quarter mile times, but it's friggin 800 bucks! how
hard will this torque converter be on my tranny internals, drive shaft
components and rear end? also. how hard does it stall on the street? I
don't want neck snapping (all the time)
-Chuong