Re: fuel pump dilemma....

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Aug 28 2001 - 23:04:53 EDT

> oh my,not again...mon morning my truck's fuel pump died on me...it just
quit
> on me in the middle of the road..thank god i work at a Chrysler dealer.
> Last year i upgraded from a 15 gallon to a 22 gallon tank. and i bought a
> Reman pump.(I was told now i should have gotten a NEW pump.) the shop has
> had many problems with comebacks with remans so they stopped selling them
> Any way im getting it fixed on Wed. so im getting a new pump for my
> ride...ill be doing it at work an have a lift,now,which way would be
> easier/quicker...removing it from below or removing the bed from above??
> everyone at work says from below....im lost...

Dropping the tank takes a mere 10-15 minutes and you only need to remove two
nuts from the bolts which hold the tank straps on. I have heard of people
thinking it is alot easier to remove the bed, but I would never go that
route........just drop the tank. Spray the tank strap nuts 2-3 times with
penetrant lube......makes removal/installation alot easier.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6