Re: Putting a 383/440 in 2000 Dak

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 01:03:52 EDT

Transmission- I've got an NV-3500, of which the bellhousing will bolt to a
318/360. Wiring harness/computer issues, I don't see that as that big of a
problem. The central timer module-CTM is a seperate circuit, correct?
Therefore, If I ran a 318/360 wiring harness under the hood, used a correct
matching PCM, I think that it would work. I would more than likely use a
carburetor or aftermarket EFI system anyway. The only thing that really
concerns me is the actual mounting. I mean, they built 2000 model R/T's, so
anything that varies from my engine compartment to a 360 engine compartment
I could readily get from dealer parts. It's not that I dislike my engine, it
has been pretty good and continues to be. I am just thinking about the
future and what I'll do with this truck later.

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html