It's finaly here! (my 318 that is)

From: Geoff (geoff_fahl_1@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 30 2001 - 23:54:48 EDT

Hey everyone,
    I just got the 318 for my 95 Dakota to replace the 3.9L v6 and am ready
to start building it. I plan on using a complete rebuild kit but I would
like to know all of the engine's specs from bore dia, stroke, torque specs
etc. That way I know what kind of piston rings to order in case the engine
has been bored (spelling?) out or not. Is there anything in particular that
I should know about these engines, or what should I look for? I've heard
that one of the gaskets on the top of the engine (intake or tb) gets sucked
into the engine on 5.9s does this apply to the 5.2 also? I'd like to just
start with a cam, tb, and headers as far as performance parts go. What
would you guys suggest to gain more bottom end power?

All responses you can offer is appreaciated especialy tips from other people
that have built 318s or done some mild performance work.
Thank you,
Geoff Fahl