Re: 4.7 ENGINE Applause (Attn: Rick)

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 22:50:34 EDT

It`s like marrying a supermodel,but she turns out to
be a b**ch! Beautiful to look at,but highly
aggravating at times.I just got back from the
Dodge/Toyota lot,and I have to admit,I LOOKED at the
competition while looking at Daks.The Patriot Blue and
black Sport 4x4 Daks with the big wheels just look
awesome,but the Toys sound like they`re made out of a
Coke can when you rap the body with your knuckles.Daks
have to be twice the sheetmetal thickness.And the
smaller Tacomas are the same price as Daks,with
similar setups.Too little truck for the money,even
though they last so long. Steve P.
BTW,my cat was supposedly replaced about 9 months
ago.Seemed to me to be a little better,but it also
still had it`s power loss problem.
--- "Suter, Rick" <RSuter@bizfon.com> wrote:
> Sorry to hear your 3.9 runs as well as my 5.2. To
> your point of trading it
> in. I've nearly reached the same point and am
> considering starting a 12 step
> program... Daks Anonymous... cuz I must be really
> sick to consider giving
> the Dodge boys money for another truck when they
> can't fix the first one.
>
> However, what the hell else would I buy? A Chevy? I
> don't think so. A Ford?
> Which one? An F150, why? A Ranger? Oh please! I
> sound like an advertisement,
> but what other "mid size" truck is there which is
> available with a V8? A
> Tundra? Oh, no, that's a full size (and BUTT ugly!)
>
> BTW: The New cat *did* make a difference, I got a
> little power back, but it
> still stumbles...
>

> >That`s
> >why I`ve been looking to trade for a 4.7 sometime
> >soon,if I can do it.I must really LOVE Daks,to be
> >looking at new ones!!

=====
Steve Preston 1999 Dakota Sport 3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.