RE: Re: Anyone have a 95 (or GenII) FSM?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Sep 02 2001 - 09:15:14 EDT

Disconnect battery ground cable, then raise and support vehicle.
Remove skid plate, if equipped.
Remove lower starter mounting nut and lock washer from front of vehicle
with long extension.
Lower vehicle and remove intermediate steering shaft coupler bolt, then
rotate coupler clip on steering shaft and slide upper half of shaft to
rear.
Remove upper starter mounting bolt and move starter forward until it
clears lower mounting stub, then lift starter upward to access wiring
connections.
Remove battery and solenoid lead connector nuts, then remove starter.
Reverse procedure to install, noting the following:
Torque starter mounting bolts to 50 ft. lbs.
Torque starter mounting nuts to 20 ft. lbs.
Torque battery lead terminal nut to 90 inch lbs.
Torque solenoid lead terminal nut to 22 inch lbs.
Torque steering shaft coupler bolt to 35 ft. lbs.