Re: Y2k Dak, Broken Spring!!

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 16:40:21 EDT

> Something that should *never* happen, happened. The right rear spring on
my
> Y2k Dakota QC 4x4 snapped at the rear mount. The truck has 24k highway
> miles, light towing, and hasn't been offroad yet. I was pulling out of a
> car wash and went over the small bump that tells you where to stop, and it
> let loose. Dented the living crap out of the bed.
>
> Just an FYI that there are some springs out there that obviously were not
> QA'ed very well.

Was it the spring itself or the bolt that snapped? I know Tom Buban had a
spring bust on his GenIII Dak, but this is on a 5.5" lifted 33" tire Dak
after running Moab. I did manage to snap a bolt on the rear leaf spring
hanger/shackle about 6 months ago.......once again, after a hard day of
wheeling. If you were just driving and it snapped, then it must have been
defective from the start. Good thing you were going slow(er) than having it
let loose at highway speeds.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6