Re: RE: RE: Went looking at the 2002 Dakota...confused!

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 22:46:42 EDT

Ryan Stewart wrote:

> Where will we see it in late 02? I thought it wouldn't come until it was
> slowly introduced in the 03 Rams?
>
> -Ryan
> 99 DA RC R/T
> 5.7 Hemi make me drool!

Somewhere recently(perhaps R/T discussion board?) someone posted that
his company was expecting to ramp up large on a subcomponent they build
for the hemi motor by the end of this year. I believe they were making
cam buttons or some such deal. If true, that ramp up wouldn't be
consistent with an introduction that's still 18-24 months out.
Automakers operate more on the just-in-time delivery program, do they
not?

Anyone remember seeing such a post?

Bob