IT'S RUNNING!

From: Michael Clark (mike@mikesdakota.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 04:55:02 EDT

Finally got the Dak out of surgery and it's running again. After I got
the cam lined up correctly it fired right up. I've only done the 20
minute cam break in, oil and filter change and a quick drive around
the block. Even driving it easy I can tell that this thing has balls!
I love the 2400 stall converter. A little louder than the 318 but not
a huge difference in volume. It definitely is a different sound, much
more of a 'don't mess with me' type sound. Idle is pretty lopey (wich
is a good thing). I did have it stall on me coming to a stop, but I'm
sure it needs some more break in time and fine tuning. And I need to
re-adjust the roller rockers.

Well, just thought I'd update everyone. I'll be learning to drive all
over again because this thing is a totally different animal now!

--Mike
www.mikesdakota.com