Re: Audio advice? (Quality of X-Plod system?)

From: Stephen Cecil (scecil@npc.net)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 12:16:33 EDT

From: "Mike" <spammikeREMOVE@home.com>
<SNIP>
just a 6X9 on each side. I don't know what kind of music you like. If
classical then you probably don't need a sub.
<SNIP>

I'm guessing you don't own any classical music discs. I have some that a pipe
organ produces 10Hz tones (okay, the CD spec is rated for 20-20K, but that was
the measurement of the original sound). That's DJ Magic Mike's area of the
spectrum. Well recorded classical, which is a great deal of what's out there,
has a much higher dynamic range that anything pop or rock related. Several
discs of the 1812 Overture have warnings for the cannon blasts. Subs are
required for full symphony recordings.

On a heavier rock note, I'm going to see TOOL Saturday at Deercreek. 16th row,
oh yeah!!

Steve
00 CC Sport+ 4.7L Auto 3.55 LSD