re:re:Subject: Re: Audio advice? (Quality of X-Plod system?)

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 21:23:04 EDT

Jon wrote:

  That's a good idea, too bad I already gave Bob his Challenger door
panels! ;-) Even those could be difficult/expensive to find though.
Here's a stupid question... Can I mount a speaker behind the panel, or
would it just be so muffled that it wouldn't be worthwhile? One thing
that I am fairly certain I could do is to mount a couple of speakers
under the dash, pointing down into the footwells. Would this be better than
nothing?

Jon,
I've seen some installs done where they use a tool that perforates the door
panel to whatever size you need for your speaker. I'm not sure if it would
work for your 'Cuda or not, since as best as I can remember, they came with
hard plastic door panels. Might be worth checking with a local shop.

I don't remember if you had a center console or not, but I've seen speakers
installed in them that sounded ok. As long as they aren't blocked by your
leg or the seat, that is.

Your idea about the tweeters sounds pretty good to me. Especially if you're
going the subwoofer/6x9 route in the back, it should round out the sound
pretty good, and might be a real cheap way out.

Just my .02 worth!

Later,
Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota CC Sport