Re: Re: Re: Re: Hella triple horn set....wiring help

From: Kevin \(MAGNUM S/T\) Hoegen (kevinhoegen@email.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 18:10:32 EDT

Actually I have an aftermarket horn I got from J.C.Whitney. Its a giant red
BOAT horn and it sounds ridiculous :-). I wanted to keep it inline however
in the event that the Hella horns fail for some reason.
I had planned to have them "all" activate at once.....because the boat horn
has a very LOW tone, I had hoped it would compensate for the extremely high
pitched tone of the Hellas (although the 3-horn set I have includes an
additional 'low' tone horn, which makes them slightly less euro
sounding)...plus the darn thing cost me $40+...so I don't wanna just throw
it away.
Currently, the horns are in the box and I don't have any fuses
inline...Iplan to make the whole set-up on Saturday....so I asked these
questions so I can get my supplies now (wires, fuses, connectors etc).

...I'm still contemplating whether there is a good reason to have a "switch"
installed which would turn the Hellas on or off.....my only thought is that
if I go to have it inspected, and when the horn blows the inspector gets an
earfull of 3 air horns and one boat horn (:-), that may present a problem.

I'd appreciate any diagram you can send me, even if you simply modify the
one that you linked to earlier.

Note: you may wonder why I have this obsession with horns....well....frankly
I thought that owning a Solar Yellow truck would be enough to catch people's
eyes when they are driving and hopefully reduce the idiots who cut in front
etc.....Well that just aint the case.
It is amazing that so many people driving simply don't SEE my truck...there
have been a number of occasions where I have been prompted to ask these
massholes (that's what we call them in massachusetts :-) by yelling out my
window "Did you SEE the large YELLOW truck you just cut in front of??"

Thanks for the help Dakota,
Kevin

""Dakota Dodge"" <dakotasdodge@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How big of a fuse are you using now?
> Hmm..to use both..a simple switch mounted in the cab can take care of
that.
> The switch will be spliced in just above the factory/Hella wire splice.
(If