Re: NV3500 Problems!!!!!!! - 1st gear

From: Chris Dicamillo (chris-dicamillo@home.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 18:39:28 EDT

Does the NV3500 come from the factory with synthetic fluid? I'm
thinking about changing the oil in it even though it only has 10K miles
on it. I have a "notchy" feeling in right now and would like it to
shift smooth again. When it gets colder here, below 32 deg, it grinds
shifting from 1st to 2nd about three times till I guess it gets warmed
up on my way to work in the mornings.. It's already starting to give
feedback like it's going to grind now... and it's only around 55 deg in
the mornings. Do you think the syncros need replaced or would you try
changing the oil to Redline MTL?

Dealer said they can't duplicate it. I left it there overnight twice
back in February when it was constantly below 30F in the mornings. I
think they just ignored it the first couple of times and noticed that it
went away after it warms up. I'm hesitant on changing the oil because
if it doesn't help, I don't want them to say I voided the warranty on it
because I didn't use the "made-of-gold" mopar stuff they charge an arm
and leg for. $125 for them to change the trans oil isn't worth it to me
if it isn't going to fix it. BTW, it feels notchy in almost every gear
except shifting 4th to 5th.

Sorry this was so long,
Chris