Re: NV3500 Problems!!!!!!! - 1st gear

From: kwreimer (kwreimer@email.msn.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 18:46:04 EDT

I was told by a trans shop years ago when i had the same problem with my 4
speed 68 GTO that the synchros were shot. so i had the trans rebuilt and it
solved the problem. If the shift forks were bent it would be hard to shift
gears.Also keep in mind sometimes when the pilot bearing goes out it will do
the same thing, but also it is hard to shift into gears. and use 80-90 wt
gear oil, in manual transmission.unless utherwise specified..* This is
wierd// my brother inlaws ford ranger has a 5 speed manual,it takes
automatic trans fluid,not the gear oil.