Re: Re: Folding tonneau covers

From: Val Lowe (vlowe@rcn.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 19:47:22 EDT

At 03:24 PM 09/05/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>fold-a-cover and the ruggedliner seem to be the best to me.
>I seem to recall seeing one, on which the section closest to the cab was
>hinged down the center of the truck, and could be opened toward the center
>from either side... has anybody ever seen this? am I crazy? that is what I
>want, but I cant find it again.

Are you thinking of the "gull wing" cover from Dodge? That's not what I'm
looking for although it looks like a nice cover. I need something that can
be easily removed or folded or rolled back out of the way for tall
loads. I had considered a rolling cover but I don't like the idea of a big
box behind the cab.

There's another interesting center hinged cover called a VersaCap. See the
bottom of this page:
http://www.calconcepts.com/SolidBedCovers/MultiSection/multisection.html