Re: Aftermarket Muffler Options...Flowmaster vs others

From: Kevin \(MAGNUM S/T\) Hoegen (kevinhoegen@email.com)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 11:38:26 EDT

I recall seeing a post awhile back regarding 'performance' mufflers. In
effect the post suggested that "Flowmaster" mufflers, although providing
better flow than stock mufflers....did not provide the BEST flow when
compared with other mufflers...particularly Dynomax. My interpretation of
this old post was that the Flowmaster "SOUND" is why many folks
(particularly V6ers) go with them. I have the Flowmaster 3-chamber dual 2
1/4" outlet and I love the sound.

I would think with a V8, you already have a decent sound and the muffler
choice would be more based on maximum flow.

Now is the chance for you non-flowmaster havin folks to pipe in :-)

just my 0.02
Kevin
http://webpages.charter.net/khoegen