Re: Aftermarket Muffler Options

From: Chris Dicamillo (chris-dicamillo@home.com)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 13:56:01 EDT

Paul,

I had it installed May of this year. That was about 4000 miles ago.
 After my 1700 mile trip to Arizona, it seems to have made it a bit
louder. When the muffler is cold, it has kind of a raspy sound to it
and kinda of pops and rumbles when running down on compression to a stop
sign. It sounds pretty cool. Then after it warms up it sounds deep and
smooth. If I hot rod a little, it gets louder. Mine's only a single
exit, so I'm thinking about getting a nice 3" stainless or chrome tip to
put on the 2.5" tail pipe. Dress it up and maybe change the sound a
bit. Dual pipes sound really cool. A guy at work has the same muffler
on his 4.7L QC but with dual outs, almost sounds completely different
than mine. Actually his is louder. I'd have gone with dual pipes but
didn't have enough money at the time to do it.

Chris