Re: truck wont start help!!!!!

From: DHP225@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 17:04:24 EDT

Steve,

You may want to check the splice behind the battery where the 3 or so black
wires go together. I think that it is one thicker black wire and two smaller
ones (or something close to that). This beastie splice area tends to
corrode. Your voltmeter will still show voltage "out" of here, but the
current capacity is not there b/c of the corrosion. It seems as though I
found it on my Gen II dak only after I disconnected the battery and measured
the ohms across that length of wiring. I think I had to tear away some of
that "mopar tape" to get to it. I can't remember what the wire does for
sure, but I think that it was the juice to the coil (low current side) of the
relay.

hth

Dave S.