Re: I hate this damn city!!!(everyone who replied)

From: marty galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 01:27:28 EDT

And you think that criminals will obey those laws? Or perhaps you think as Rosie
O'Donnell does that only the police and military should have guns? Or that anyone with a
gun who is not a cop or a soldier should be put in jail? Have you really looked into the
constitutionality of gun control?

Sorry, but to me you are just another emotionally driven person who hasn't devoted a
single brain cell to actually examining the facts of the issue.

The fact is that where gun control is implemented crime goes up.

Where ever concealed carry permits are issued crime goes down and accidents do NOT go up.

Every historic instance of gun control has been followed by tyranny.

Governments rule by threat of implied force upon the population. Governments rule
*justly* ONLY because of threat of implied force from the people as their watchdog. This
is what is called a government by the people, of the people, and for the people. A
disarmed populous is a disaster you cannot fathom you are so steeped in anti-gun
rhetoric.

Do cars run people down? Or do the drivers of cars run people down?

Guns don't shoot people.

You need to read more. As for reading material, I suggest the writings of the founding
fathers, especially Thomas Jefferson, and of course, the United States Constitution and
Bill of Rights.

You need to read more and watch tv less, and I think you know it.

Marty