Re: looking for Herculiner Liner update

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 11:09:34 EDT

I used the duplicolor roll on bed liner stuff (same thing) and only applied
1 layer. I prepped the truck really well though. We went through and
sanded it down for an hour or so with a angel air sander.

My friend who just used the little scuffing pad supplied has a lot of pieces
flaking up from his after about a year.

I really don't throw too much in the bed, but recently I helped moved a
couple refridgerators, my tool boxes from work to home, then home to school
and nothing got really scratched up and we slid the fridge and tool boxes
across the bed instead of being careful and picking it up.

If you're on a budget and want something somewhat decent (And have a lot of
spare time) go try this out. Duplicolor is cheaper and you can pickup the
roller/and a gallon of that stuff for 39.99 at most places now. I'd apply
more than one coat if you want more protection, but for me. a year later, I
only had (actually just had some extra from spraying other things) to go
back and get the aerosol version of it and touch up on a couple things on my
truck.

Hope that helps.
-Chuong