Snap, Crackle, Pop

From: Matt Koth (rpmkoth@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 05:17:59 EDT

I was out four wheelin to day with some buddies, and as I was driving up out
of the river bottom I heard this loud metalic clanking noise coming from the
front section of the truck. I compleatly lost power to the front wheels,
along with all my forward momentum. We ended up walking about a mile or so
to a neighbor's place to get some help. He pulled me out with his Ram. I am
not quite sure where the sound came from, so I crawled under the truck to do
a damage check. There is no visible damage, or leaks. The front drive shaft
spins freely when the truck is in 2HI but it will not budge when in 4HI. Has
any body had this happen? Did I break the chain in the transfer case, or is
it somthing in the front diff? I drove the truck home without any problems
or noises. My MSN name is rpmkoth@hotmail.com, and my AIM name is
badgreendak so feel free ot instant messege me with any suggestions. Thanks
in advance.

Matt Koth
95 CC 4x4(sort of) 5.2L