Failed Conn emissions

From: Mag318Racr@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 12:44:49 EDT

OK, here's my problem. I just move to Conn and am trying to register my
Dakota. Took it to the emissions place today and it failed for high NO. This
is on a '96 5.2 2 wheel drive. The truck currently has 84K on it and at 50K I
installed headers, a new 3" cat and 2 new Mopar O2 sensors. The truck
currently has no other mods on the drive train. I took off my MP PCM for fuel
costs and never bought an intake or anything. Coming from South Carolina,
it's never been inspected before so I didn't know what to expect today.
                        HC (ppm) CO (%) NO (ppm)
max allowed: 103.0 0.57 712.0
my results: 27.1 0.16 963.7
                         pass pass FAIL