Re: lockers??

From: MJ Inginson (mjingison@home.com)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 20:23:42 EDT

What do you plan on doing with the truck? I drive mine about 60% on the
road and 40% needing traction aids. I've got the Auburn Gear Posi (Limited
slip) and currently is perfect for my needs. It handles the amount and
degree of off-roading I do plus it's really street friendly. A friend of
mine drives a locked up toyota during the summer and refuses to drive it in
the winter on the roads because the rearend keeps breaking away during
turns. He loves it for the rock climbing he does here in the black hills
and badlands. One way to go but $$$$ is a selctable locker like an OX
mechanial engagement from the cab or an air pressure engagment like an ARB.
This way you can run an open diff and lock'em up when the trails gets rough.
As far as gearing, they use the ring from your old carrier and bolt it on
the locker/posi. If you decide, I know a place that gives you a lifetime
warranty, beats any competitors price, plus free shipping.

Mike I