RE: 4.7l Slow Starting

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 19:53:02 EDT

Injector cleaning time.

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD

From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On Behalf Of Chris Lambert
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 9:11 AM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: 4.7l Slow Starting

OK Guys (n gals), I know I have not been very active
on the list for the last 4 months, but things have
been very hectic. My 2000 4.7l 5-sp started take a
rather long time to crank this past week. If it sits
too long it will crank for 5-10 seconds before
catching. I hate to bring it to the dealer as teh 36k
mi warranty is out and now it'll cost me $100. I
thought it was the battery but my multimeter shows
voltage to be 12.4v standing still, 11.0v while
cranking, and 13.9v once started. Once started it
will restart perfect within about the first hour. is
this minimal drop while a load is applied too much?
Also if you have any good info as to what I should try
(Bernd or others) please e-mail me at work as well as
the list as I am aminly just reading my digests or the
archives on a weekly basis. That e-mail address is
chlambert@ti.com . Thanks a lot in advance guys.

"The other Chris Lambert"

http://www.intense99dak.com/chris.htm