Re: HEY--NRA__still wanna fight

From: mrdancer (mrdancer2@home.your.underwear.com)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 22:30:15 EDT

First of all, I apologize for posting this to the DML, but I can't post to
the OT list for some reason...

The fact is that plastic knives were used, and resulted in thousands of
deaths. No guns were used (I'm sure the media would let us know
immediately). I imagine a lot of anti-gun people are rather let down by
that fact.

A gun is a tool. Simple as that. Never in my life have I seen a gun jump
up and shoot somebody all by itself.

The Sunday paper (week before last) had a small article on the eighth page
about a guy up in Sioux City, IA who had bludgeoned to death seven (or
eight?) people WITH A HAMMER. Granted, the news was two days old at the
time, but all it received was a small article on the EIGHTH page of the
Sunday paper. I feel strongly that if the guy had used a gun, it would have
been in the media all that week, as well as front page of the Sunday paper.
It really brought to my eyes just how biased the media is on the subject of
gun control.

I don't believe in plastic guns. I don't believe in automated weapons.
Hell, I don't even believe in Glocks. But, I will defend to my death the
right to carry them if it will prevent the outlaw of ALL guns. Outlawing
guns feels good on the surface, but it is just plain stupid. You can outlaw
guns, but you will never get rid of them. The result, as we've heard time
and time again, is that only outlaws will have guns, leaving citizens mostly
defenseless against them. I hate to sound like a cliche', but it is too
true.

Those who are anti-gun really need to sit down and think long and hard about
the ramifications and implications that outlawing guns would produce. I
consider myself more of a liberal than a conservative, and it burns me up
that it's mostly liberals that are anti-gun. Why can't they just think
things through?!?

I apologize for the rant, and will get off the soapbox now.

   Little ol' me, a liberal who uses his brain!

--
Remove .your.underwear to reply